Updated: Sep 4
The De La Salle Brothers from France came down to Ipoh in 1912 after establishing themselves in Penang and Singapore.
Construction began in 1922 and was supervised by Father Coppin. The building was built in Gothic style. At the centre of the building is a statue of Saint Michael and a child.
The building was completed in 1923.